For Our Future, For Our Mount Vernon
Learn about Janice Duarte
Janice’s Mount Vernon roots are strong.
- Over 50 years ago, Mount Vernon welcomed Janice’s grandparents to America with open arms. Janice’s mom grew up here and graduated from Mount Vernon High School.
- Born and raised in Mount Vernon, Janice was the first in her family to go to college and graduated from Barnard College of Columbia University.
- Janice lives and works in Mount Vernon and all 3 family generations still reside in Mount Vernon.
Janice understands that decisions can impact all residents of Mt. Vernon, across generations and in different ways.
- As an advocate for youth development, Janice serves on the Board of the Mount Vernon Youth Bureau.
- As a member of the Junior League, Janice helps raise funds in support of the monthly mobile food pantry.
- As Co-Fund Chair of her Alumnae Class, Janice raises funds and develops scholarships for students in need.
Janice has the skills, experience and track record to work effectively across teams to get the job done for Mount Vernon.
- 17+ years tackling real life business challenges and delivering solutions.
- While working in Manhattan, Janice developed management skills and became Vice President of Communications.
- Over the past 7 years Janice dedicated her professional life to working with small businesses in Mt. Vernon, managing operations and growth.
Janice has the skills, experience, and track record
to work across teams and get the job done.
Learn more about our campaign
If you are interested in taking a fresh approach to reinvigorate the legislative process with new leadership, feel free to explore our website, social media and contact the Campaign. We are grateful for the opportunity to meet with you and invite you to our upcoming events.
Become a Volunteer
Your efforts can make a huge difference. Please join our team and support a new dawn in Mount Vernon. Let’s lay aside politics, work together and put our families first. Sign up to volunteer.